Options

SQL Source Control 3 And Changelog Database Move From TEMPDB

I have following the following post at:
http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... ng_changes

I ran the script which does generate a new DB(CHANGELOG),I updated the xml config file(with applications closed) per the article.File:RedGate_SQLSourceControl_Engine_EngineOptions.xml is saved with the new info,however this file is always overridden with the orig info and the table RG_AllObjects is never generated in the new CHANGELOG database...
SQL SERVER 2008 R2

Any thoughts???

Comments

• Options
    In case anyone else stumbles across this- we established that if the config file is invalid, then it'll get replaced with the 'last good' copy at startup. The web-page documenting the change looks to currently have an error in the comment-block of the XML so copying it exactly will lead to this problem.

My current working file looks like this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <!---->
    <EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions">
      <TraceCacheDatabase>CHANGELOG</TraceCacheDatabase>
    </EngineOptions>

Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    hi, I have just noticed this post after posting the same problem today.

We need to direct source control to a dedicated changelog as well as edit the polling time with :

<DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis>60000</DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis>

I assume these tags will be within the <engineoptions> tag too? i.e end result =

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <!---->
    <EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions">
    <TraceCacheDatabase>CHANGELOG</TraceCacheDatabase>
    <DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis>60000</DefaultTraceMinimumInterQueryTimeInMillis>
    </EngineOptions>

Is this possible to confirm? Thanks
  • Options
    Just to add, We have tested my last post and XML appears to work fine on our PCs, maybe worth confirming from redgate staff for clarity however.
  • Options
    Hi Andy - you're absolutely correct. The config file you posted will make the following changes:

- Attempt to store changelog information in a database called CHANGELOG, if it exists
    - Set the polling interval to 60 seconds

Is that what you were hoping to achieve?
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer