Options

SQL Monitor web site on another server?

freitasmfreitasm Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited February 13, 2013 12:52AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I decided to try running the SQL Monitor on another server. Used the SQL Monitor installer to create the folder on the new server, started the web site, entered the SQL Server and get this when going to the Global Overview:

"You are not currently monitoring any servers."

Going to Configuration | Manage Servers the server is shown with a green tick "Monitoring".

Going to Alerts shows the correct server there. But back on Global Overview there's nothing.

Switched the address back to the old web server IP (SQL Monitor Service and web site on the same server) and Global Overview is just fine on that instance.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your forum post.

Are you able to confirm if you have followed the steps detailed in the url below:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... Repository

Thanks for your patience and feedback in this matter.
  • Options
    Hello... I did not move the repository - it remained in the machine where SQL Monitor 3 was originally installed.

I used the SQL Monitor installation file to install the web site ONLY in the new server. Once the site was up it asked for the repository machine and I entered the name of the machine where the existing repository/monitoring service continues to exist.
  • Options
    I had to restart my servers today due to the Windows Update and the SQL Monitor 3 web site started working fine on the second server...

Thanks for the time.