Options

UI Issue - Buttons Cut Off

I just installed .Net Performance Profiler 7.4 and am having trouble with the UI.

As you can see with this screenshot, the buttons and text at the bottom of the screen are cut off and hidden. Additionally some UI text is overlapping with input controls and things just look a bit off.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with the default UI. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

-Michael

Ants_Performance_Proflier_7_4.png

Comments

• Options
    Red Gate got in touch and was able to solve my problem within a few hours.

It turns out to be an issue specifically with Windows 7. My DPI settings were set to "Medium - 125%" which is the default for my install. Apparently that causes windows to try to scale all software up for easier viewing and commonly messes up apps.

If you encounter this problem, you'll need to open the DPI settings and set it to "Smaller - 100%" to see the program as intended.

Thanks Red Gate!

Tech Republic Article on DPI Scaling
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes, I'm afraid this is a known bug in ANTS Performance Profiler 7.4 and lower, related to scaling in high DPI modes. Sorry about that.

I'm pleased to tell you, however, that the startup screen and other parts of the Performance Profiler are being completely redesigned for v. 8.0, and (because we're now using WPF) this bug is fixed.

We're still a few weeks away from releasing v. 8.0, but you can download the beta from http://www.red-gate.com/labs/ants-performance-profiler/. We'd be glad to hear your feedback on the new screen.

Dom.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.