Options

Feature Suggestion (Source Control)

steve@powell.netsteve@powell.net Posts: 6 Bronze 2
How about a simple write all the scripts out onto disk?

I'm having a hellish time getting TFS to work. Could be SourceControl Could be SSMS and the fact I'm trying to integrate it into TFS2012.

My visual studio poject is submitting to TFS just fine. It includes lots of directories with the SSIS project, SSAS project etc... in (Can you tell that its a BI solution?)

So I wondered why not just write all the scripts out to another directory alongside the SSIS/SSAS project and then I could submit that via Visual Studio.

But SQL Source Control doen't have the option. This should be a piece of cake to do as its just writing the stuff out to disk and then don't execute a commit hook.

As a brute force way of getting a copy of the DB scripts this would be a great fall back position to have

regards

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Is it the linking of the database to your TFS folder? If so, what is the error message?

It might help if you described to us your folder structures.

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    The issue linking my DB to TFS seems to be that SSMS for 2008R2 SP1 is choking when it tries to connect to TFS. Its giving me an error

TF400324: Team Foundation services are not available from the server

https://myname.visualstudio.com:8080/defaultcollection
    Unable to connect to the remote server.

I have edited the config file as instructed though the instructions are frankly a bit rubbish. Seriously, read that page and see how much sense it makes.

Look at Andy Leonards blog post about it

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/andy_leonard/a ... eview.aspx

This is much clearer about what the config file should look like once you're done.

The URL I am using is identical to the one that is working in Visual Studio team Explorer.

Actually I just tried something stupid. I removed the port number from the URL and it now seems to be working. :D

I am such an idiot! :oops