Options

UK postcode unit are restricted

icecurtainicecurtain Posts: 15
The final two letters, the UK postcode unit are restricted to the set ABDEFGHJLNPQRSTUWXYZ (which excludes the six letters CIKMOV)

The code on the download still has these in and is causing validation data issues has anyone a amended version?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<generators>
	<generator
		type="RedGate.SQLDataGenerator.ExpressionGenerators.RegexpGenerator"
		name="UK PostCode"
		description="CB4 1AS, AS1 9LJ, RD4 1LB, "
		category="Geographical">

<property name="Expression">(AB|B|BA|BB|BD|BH|BL|BN|BR|BS|BT|CA|CB|CF|CH|CM|CO|CR|CT|CV|CW|DA|DE|DG|DH|DL|DN|DT|DY|E|EC|EH|EN|EX|FK|FY|G|GL|GU|H|HG|HP|HR|HS|HU|HX|IG|IM|IP|IV|KA|KT|KW|KY|L|LA|LD|LE|LL|LN|LS|LU|M|ME|MK|MK|N|NE|NG|NN|NP|NR|NW|OL|OX|PA|PE|PH|PL|PO|PR|RG|RH|RM|S|SA|SE|SG|SK|SL|SM|SN|SO|SP|SR|SS|ST|SW|SY|TA|TD|TF|TN|TQ|TR|TS|TW|UB|W|WA|WC|WD|WF|WN|WR|WS|WV|Y|ZE)([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]) [1-9][A-Z]{2}</property>

<matches field=".*Post.*Code.*" score="50" minlen="8"/>
		<matches field=".*Addr.*4" score="12" minlen="8"/>

<type type="string"/>
	</generator>
</generators>

Comments

• Options
    (AB|B|BA|BB|BD|BH|BL|BN|BR|BS|BT|CA|CB|CF|CH|CM|CO|CR|CT|CV|CW|DA|DE|DG|DH|DL|DN|DT|DY|E|EC|EH|EN|EX|FK|FY|G|GL|GU|H|HG|HP|HR|HS|HU|HX|IG|IM|IP|IV|KA|KT|KW|KY|L|LA|LD|LE|LL|LN|LS|LU|M|ME|MK|MK|N|NE|NG|NN|NP|NR|NW|OL|OX|PA|PE|PH|PL|PO|PR|RG|RH|RM|S|SA|SE|SG|SK|SL|SM|SN|SO|SP|SR|SS|ST|SW|SY|TA|TD|TF|TN|TQ|TR|TS|TW|UB|W|WA|WC|WD|WF|WN|WR|WS|WV|Y|ZE)([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]) [1-9](A|B|D|E|F|G|H|J|N|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z){2}
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Is your previous post the regular expression that works for you? If so, I can suggest future versions of Data Generator use your regular expression.