Options

Framed HTML Docs Search Function

jasonclemejasoncleme Posts: 7
edited January 28, 2013 10:30AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
Well this is a very powerful tool. We are doing a lot with it in a little amount of time that we have owned it. But I have a question.

Is it possible to add a custom search bar to the HTML. I would love to be able for the users to be able to search the extended properties or anything else from the Framed HTML.

I know we can do it in chm and PDF. But I'm posting the results from the Framed HTML to Sharepoint Page viewer that is created from a SSIS package running a PowerShell command that is using the SQLDOC Command Line.

SQLDOC.PNG
<#  
 =====================
 Delete Current SQLDOC
 =====================
#>
$path = '\\rpt102\d$\PVP\PVP21\webcontent\Powershell\Database_Documentation\DBPrime1\'
Get-ChildItem $path  |
    Sort-Object { $_.Name -as [Version] } |
    Select-Object -Last 1 |
    Remove-Item -recurse
<#  
 ===============
 Create SQLDOC
 ===============
#>
$CMD = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Doc 2\sqldoc.exe'
$arg1 = '/project:H:\My Documents\SQL Server Management Studio\Red-Gate\DBPrime1.sqldoc'
$arg2 = '/filetype:html-frames'
$arg3 = '/force'
$arg4 = '/outputfolder:"\\rpt102\d$\PVP\PVP21\webcontent\Powershell\Database_Documentation\DBPrime1"'

& $CMD $arg1 $arg2 $arg3 $arg4

<# 
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Doc 2\sqldoc.exe" /project:"H:\My Documents\SQL Server Management Studio\Red-Gate\DBPrime1.sqldoc" /filetype:html-frames /force /outputfolder:"\\rpt102\d$\PVP\PVP21\webcontent\Powershell\Database_Documentation\DBPrime1"
#>

<#  
 ===============
 Rename Directory
 ===============
#>
cd \\rpt102\d$\PVP\PVP21\webcontent\Powershell\Database_Documentation\DBPrime1
dir | Where-Object {$_.Name} | Rename-Item -NewName "DBPrime1"

Our final result and nightly updated. But we have no way to search it.
SP.PNG

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi jasoncleme

Thank you for your forum post.

Sadly what you are seeking is not currently available within SQL Doc. It may be possible for you to edit the HTML SQL Doc generates and add your search feature.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing feature request whose reference is SDOC-1423. The feature requested is to be able search documentation for particular string.

At this time I have no further information regarding SDOC-1423, hopefully it will appear in a future version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    qbrtqbrt Posts: 3 New member
    Any change to this? Will there be such a feature included in the product for HTML Frames?