Options

Visual Studio 2012 ASP.NET Solution and ANTS Addin

Hi all,

I'm trying ANTS Performance Profiler 7 on VS 2012 Pro and I've to manually add the addin because trail setup seem to fail (no errors at all, for the setup all is installed fine, but menu entry in VS is missing).

Now I have the addin but when I click on "profile performance", ANTS Performance Profiler simply starts showing the wizard like I start the application from outside Visual Studio.

In this way, I can't use any integration advantage (if I remember right, the addin should starts profiler and VS debugging to avoid developer set up any other steps).

I'm not developing a "web application" but a solution with a project inside (C# ASP.NET). IIS Express is used.

Any help?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks very much for your post. I'm afraid you're right--this is a bug with the VS 2012 add-in and IIS Express wherein choosing to "profile performance" of an IIS Express app from the add-in will not automatically start profiling the application as it should. We've logged this issue in our system with reference PP-1796--so sorry for the inconvenience it causes at the moment!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Thanks Jessica,

eny ETA? My trial license ends up in 13 days, so I can't really evaluate the purchase.
  • Options
    So sorry about the delay in getting back to you! I'm afraid there's no time frame set at the moment, but can I make sure--are you still able to profile by launching your application from the standalone profiler?

Please also let me know if you are in need of a trial extension!

• Options
    Hi Jessica,

I'll try start profiler from outside (but quite annoying).

I supposed that this will be fix for version 8, right?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't quite know if it will be fixed for version 8 as there has not been a timeline set, but I will definitely keep an eye on this issue and keep you posted!

And again, so sorry that this isn't working--I realize it's a bit annoying, but I hope using the standalone profiler won't be too much of a pain!

• Options
    Hi Nicola!

Automatically profiling IIS express from VS2010 still does not work I'm afraid, however, I'm very happy to report that you should soon be able to do this with VS2012! I will let you know once the v.8 beta build with the bug fix goes out. :)