What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

DDL Triggers not showing as different

muaddbamuaddba Posts: 18
edited February 22, 2013 9:32AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have 2 databases with the same schema, except 1 has DDL triggers and one does not. I have no "Ignore trigger" options checked but SQLCompare is not showing me (that I can see) the DDL triggers differences.

Please advise?

Comments

  • Options
    Hi muaddba,

    Thanks for your post. We have created a support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.

    Best Regards,
    Steve Tanori
    _________________
    Steve Tanori
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
    866-997-0378
  • Options
    stanori wrote:
    Hi muaddba,

    Thanks for your post. We have created a support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.

    Best Regards,
    Steve Tanori

    Hi Steve,

    since few days I am experiencing the same problem.
    Could you help me with this?

    Regrads.
  • Options
    I'd expect there to be an announcement for the new version 10.3.1.140.

    My team deployed the new version on Thursday 1/28/2013 - and now my automation for detecting changes between source control and production databases does not work.

    I suspect that there were significant changes made to the API - that is affecting my set-up.

    In order to make working with the command line easier, I create a template version of the SQL Compare .scp file - so I can handle all the settings there. Then I adjust it to point to a specific database - and run the comparison.

    I actually run comparison on several hundred databases daily.

    Anyhow - the problem I now get sounds like the complaints in this thread - where I no longer get comparison output that I expect.

    I get an error message: "Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison"

    The comparison output is now:
    "Registering data sources
    Creating mappings
    Comparing
    Summarizing Project Selections
    Retrieving migration scripts
    Checking for identical databases"

    So, it looks like the issue is in that step of "checking for identical databases"

    Previously, the comparison output would include difference summary information:

    "
    Registering data sources
    Creating mappings
    Comparing
    Summarizing Project Selections
    Retrieving migration scripts

    Summary Information
    ==============================================================================="

    Also, shouldn't there be an announcement of the new version deployment?!!!
  • Options
    Above I suggested that the problem is probably a change in the API. That's probably not true.

    It looks to be in the new "Checking for identical databases" operation.

    I say that judging from what the comparison output looks like now versus what it looked like before the new version of SQL Compare got deployed to our servers.
  • Options
    Newfave wrote:
    Above I suggested that the problem is probably a change in the API. That's probably not true.

    It looks to be in the new "Checking for identical databases" operation.

    I say that judging from what the comparison output looks like now versus what it looked like before the new version of SQL Compare got deployed to our servers.

    Well it is crazy, but it looks like the problem was in the Project options :-(
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to get around the project options issues - other than switching to straight command line?
  • Options
    I seem to have a similar problem when comparing tables and stored procedures.
    When I use a project through the gui differences are detected. When I use the same project through the command line I don't get any differences but I do get this: -

    Registering data sources
    Creating mappings
    Comparing
    Summarizing Project Selections
    Retrieving migration scripts
    Checking for identical databases
    Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison.

    Regards,

    Darren
  • Options
    Per redgate, a bug has been identified and noted with number SC-6208.

    The bug appears to affect the use of the Project file in the command line interface.

    I find the Project file to be the easiest way to handle all the options of a comparison - rather than trying to handle it through command line switches.

    One can first prepare a Project file using the GUI and get the use of the GUI to make settings changes - and then use it.

    So, I hope this bug receives attention - because I think the Project file approach is the best approach.
Sign In or Register to comment.