Options

setting up full-text index

merkmerk Posts: 17
It would be really cool if source control could handle setting up the indexing on any tables that have full text index set up. It makes a task that would otherwise be very quick an easy somewhat tedious, since I have to try to commit changes, wait for it to give me an error telling me what table needs an index and then go through the motions of setting all that up.

Any chance this is something that will become automated in the 'get' process?

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately SQL Source Control behaves in this manner because full text indexes can't be updated transactionally, so we do them all at the end of the script, after the transaction. Unfortunately that means that if you have something which relies on them in the middle of the script, then it will fail.

The workaround is to synchronize the fulltext catalogs / tables with fulltext indexes first, and then synchronize the rest of the database.

There is a existing feature request you may want to vote for
    http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/390 ... ss-to-fail
    These forums allow our users to request features and vote on them.
    The development team actively monitor these forums so if a request receives alot of support the request maybe added to a future release.
    Manfred Castro
    Product Support
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    I guess this isn't a very high priority request considering that feature request is from may of 2011 ;)p I voted for it anyhow though.