Options

SVN folder structure changed - how do i update source contrl

merkmerk Posts: 17
I moved my folder structure around in SVN. I need to update the folder that source control is pointing to.

This is the database repository url - i can see this setting when i click on the 'setup link' for the migrations folder, but it is grayed out and i can't do anything to change it.

Comments

• Options
    Hi merk,

Thanks for your post. To update the URL for your source control system in SQL Source Control, you can:

- Unlink the current repo using the "unlink database..." link
    - The setup tab should now allow you to link to a source control repository again

If the contents of the actual folder that was being used by SQL Source Control was modified/changed directly, it may not neccesarily relink cleanly as it expects the files to be of a particular structure and format within that directory. If it was just a matter of moving the folder to a new location, I do not forsee any issues. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Steve Tanori
    866-997-0378
  • Options
    I did run into some issues - there was one stored proc which is was listing as conflicting and would not allow me to tell it to just over-write the sproc in source control.

I had to delete the sproc from my db, get it from source control, apply changes and then commit it.

The folder structure did not change, it just moved down one level.

i.e. /project/sql became /trunk/project/sql

I think it might be nice to have an option to just be able to update the source control url, rather then having to delink/relink the db.

thanks