Windows Event log filled with errors from SSC 3

greg.straussgreg.strauss Posts: 7
I have the latest edition of SSC3 and SQLCompare.

My Event Log is filled with thousands of these errors:

#1:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.resources, Version=10.2.4.109, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57
Source: SQL Source Control 3

System: Windows 8 Pro, SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition.

Similar idea for SQL Test 1

Ideas?

Comments

• I'm having a similar issue. When trying to load up SSMS 2012, I have the latest versions of SQL Compare and SQL Source Control on there. When I'm trying to connect to one of our dev databases, it just hangs when I try to expand the Databases node.

In Event Viewer, the Red-Gate logs are similar, though the error is:

#QEc.#mRA
    #5:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLTest.Model.resources, Version=1.0.12.3, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

Windows 7 Pro, SQL 2012

Help!!
  • My Event Log is filled with thousands of these errors:

#1:Failed to load assembly RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.resources, Version=10.2.4.109, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57
    Source: SQL Source Control 3

Those Event Log errors are usually safe to ignore, unless the product actually displays some symptoms of not working - does SQL Source Control seem to be working OK?
    When I'm trying to connect to one of our dev databases, it just hangs when I try to expand the Databases node.

SQL Source Control shouldn't be doing anything that would stop you connecting to a database - if you uninstall SQL Source Control, can you connect then?
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer