Transaction Level

ps_mdps_md Posts: 4
edited December 13, 2012 7:42AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am having issues when trying to execute a compare script between two databases which contain stored procedures with ADSI open queries. The problem is due to the fact that SQL Compare generates the following line:

SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE

In order to get the script to run, i have to manually change the line to:

SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED

After I make that change, it works just fine. I was hoping that changing the Transaction Level in the Application Options to Read Uncommitted would take care of this so i didnt have to do this each time, but it will not work...

Am i missing something? How can i set SQL Compare to generate the Read Uncommitted line rather than the Serializable line?

Thanks!

Comments

• Have you tried changing the Transaction Isolation Level in the tool's Application Options?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Have you tried changing the Transaction Isolation Level in the tool's Application Options?

Yes.

The behavior is odd though. If I try to transfer only the objects i know need to have a transaction level of read uncommitted, then the script is generated correctly. However, if i include additional objects the transaction level goes back to serializable.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi ps_md, sorry that you have encountered a problem.

A support call has been created for you, call reference F0067636.

Would it be possible to send an e-mail to this e-mail address, support@red-gate.com and include the above call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail.

Could you please attach either a SQL Compare Snapshot of each data source or include examples of the database objects that are affected by the problem you have reported? Please include screen shots if you think this will help.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • I have sent in an email with an example object attached per your request.
    Thank you for your help!