Options

Index was outside the bounds of the array error

sleclairsleclair Posts: 4
edited December 16, 2005 1:27PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have two SQL2005 databases that I'm trying to keep in synch. When I run sql compare 4, the compare process ends in an alert box with the Index out of bounds message.

To see which db had the offending object, I compared db1 to db1 successfully and then db2 to db2 successfully, however when I compare db1 to db2 or vice versa, I get the error.

I had been able to compare using the latest 3.x version of compare.

Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    sleclair wrote:
    I have two SQL2005 databases that I'm trying to keep in synch. When I run sql compare 4, the compare process ends in an alert box with the Index out of bounds message.

To see which db had the offending object, I compared db1 to db1 successfully and then db2 to db2 successfully, however when I compare db1 to db2 or vice versa, I get the error.

I had been able to compare using the latest 3.x version of compare.

Please advise.

You most likely have an assemlby that is not following the ECMA standard. Please see the http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... php?t=1462

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Thanks, we do have three CLR procs in the database. They were initially created in pre-RTM Visual Studio but have been re-deployed using RTM Visual Studio.

Any guidance?
  • Options
    Andras BAndras B Posts: 249
    edited December 21, 2005 1:22PM
    sleclair wrote:
    Thanks, we do have three CLR procs in the database. They were initially created in pre-RTM Visual Studio but have been re-deployed using RTM Visual Studio.

Any guidance?

This is interesting. Would it be possible to have one of these assemblies? (Andras.Belokosztolszki "AT" red-gate.com). I have added support for some strange assemblies in our next beta (out soon) so hopefully it will also handle your case. If not please let me know.

Regards,

Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    I just sent an email w/ rar file. Hopefully it will help you reproduce the problem.
This discussion has been closed.