Options

bug SC-4655 - trace on, trace off

tgibbotgibbo Posts: 5
edited November 16, 2012 9:57AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have been tracking this issue for 18months or so now, and was hoping someone could please update on the progress?

there is a known bug SC-4655 that causes SQL logs and Event logs to be full of errors(or messages) whenever a compare is made.

This is extremely painful when trying to check logs for other errors or simple daily checks.

Could this please be looked at! :shock:

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

This Bug SC-4655 is still unresolved. The SQL Compare Development Team looked into this issue in October 2011 and where not confident in the fix they produced as it was potentially more dangerous when compared to current method or operation.

I have updated the Bug Tracking topic SC-4655 and marked the request for review. I will also request if someone from SQL Compare Development Team can provide an update to this forum post.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

There is a SQL Compare option you could try turning off (as it is enabled by default) the "Decrypt encrypted objects on 2005 and 2008 databases" option and then refresh the comparison.

Edit Project ->Options tab ->Behavior ->second option from the bottom of the list of behavior options.

In the test I performed before posting this update, it reduced the number of DBCC TRACEON/TRACEOFF entries.

The downside disabling this option, if you have encrypted objects in your data sources they will not be compared.

If this works out for you, please thank my colleague, Michelle, who reminded me of the above option.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com