How to deploy only differences with command line

rickybibirickybibi Posts: 25 Bronze 2
edited November 12, 2012 9:18AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Is it possible to limit the deploy database changes to only differences and objects missing , without project.

I must preventing to drop any objects , because the database contains other objects (tables,views ,etc.) for another application.
And yes , they are in same schema.

Comments

• Not without a project currently.

Is there a reason you can't use a project? In case it helps, the projects aren't static, and by "Including All Objects" in each of the groups you describe (in both but different, in source but not target) and select "Exclude All Objects" for in target but not source, then any new objects in the first groups would be included for future deployments, and excluded for the final group.

Please do let us know if this would work.

Also we've started taking feature requests on UserVoice so that people can vote and comment on each other's ideas, feel free to add this request and others there too:
    http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/174 ... ilters/top
  • rickybibirickybibi Posts: 25 Bronze 2
    Hi ,
    I understand the projects aren't static for objects list.

But it's static for the database connection.

I want to deploy database changes on multiple database from a single snapshot.

So ,I need a way to change source and target dynamically in the project.

Thanks
  • Ah OK, I understand now, thank you.

I'm afraid the answer is still no, but it's a good feature request. At the moment the only way to do this is to set up one project for each combination, which I guess would result in a lot of combinations for you?