Options

Options for User setup/user roles

JoeGTJoeGT Posts: 50
edited April 30, 2013 12:04PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
We have just started using SQL Monitor (anbd loving it by the way). Working on the financial arena, we need to be PCI compliant for our applications and processes.

One of the things our auditors are likely to pick up on with the user setup for SQL Monitor is that while we can set up roles, the password is a generic, shared password and for PCI, this is not acceptable - each user should have a distinct password only known to them.

Are there any updates in the pipeline for this product to make it AD aware or to expand the user section to allow for individual accounts to be created (and then to grant those users a specific level of rights) ?

As the sole database administrator, I am the only user who needs administrative access to the system (therefore the Administrator password works fine for me) but there are a number of other technical staff who would benefit from being able to see the tool and I am not able to give them access until I have a method of granting them individualized passwords.

Comments