Options

The given key was not present in the dictionary

ChrisGodfreeChrisGodfree Posts: 11
I have suddenly started to get the error message "The given key was not present in the dictionary" when opening existing .sqlgen projects. I have looked at the log files but they don't show any error messages. Also, I can create a new project using the same databases and that works fine as does SQL Compare.

Searching this forum has suggested database permissions but nothing has changed (to my knowledge) and without knowing where the error lies it is proving difficult to investigate - any ideas??

Edit - sorry put in wrong forum, this is SQL Data Generator 1

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Chris,

I suspect that there are some empty elements in the project file. They could have been caused by some schema changes. I will send debugging instructions and hopefully we can work out what is missing in the project file.
  • Options
    For anyone who faces this in the future, Brian was spot on - columns which were used in our project had been dropped from the source tables. Debugging will help to identify the problem columns but as the project won't open you will need to manually edit the .sqlgen (I simply removed the whole table definition).
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I have logged a bug with the development team - it would be better if SDG continued past this so you can load up the project and fix the problem.