Options

table differences which are not different

rbennet8rbennet8 Posts: 74
edited November 9, 2012 2:26PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I used Visual Studio 2012. I imported a new dbproj from my database which was on SQL Server 2012.
I then published the new VS 2012 dbproj to a new database on SQL 2012.

When I run SQL compare to verify the database schema I get 20+ tables out of 300 tables which say they are different, but there is no visible difference when you open the view in SQL compare. I tried ignoring whitespace and several other options but the differences are still there. This occurs on version 10.2.3.1

If I use VS 2010 to publish the database on SQL 2012, these differences do not appear when I run SQL Compare.

I am not sure how to pursue this issue.

Comments

• Options
    Hi rbennet8,

Thanks for your post. We have opened up a support ticket in regards to this, and will be contacting you shortly.

Best Regards,
    Steve
    866-997-0378
  • Options
    rbennet8 wrote:
    I used Visual Studio 2012. I imported a new dbproj from my database which was on SQL Server 2012.
    I then published the new VS 2012 dbproj to a new database on SQL 2012.

When I run SQL compare to verify the database schema I get 20+ tables out of 300 tables which say they are different, but there is no visible difference when you open the view in SQL compare. I tried ignoring whitespace and several other options but the differences are still there. This occurs on version 10.2.3.1

If I use VS 2010 to publish the database on SQL 2012, these differences do not appear when I run SQL Compare.

I am not sure how to pursue this issue.

Try toggling the ignore "constraints and index names" option. I had to flip it on and then back off for the differences to show up for some of the constraint names in the compare panel.