Options

Suggestion: display start time

Hi,

Frequently I work with several instances of the Profiler simultaneously, against the same test program.

This is because I perform an initial run on one Profiler instance, make code changes, run again on another Profiler instance, and then compare the two results side-by-side.

When doing this, however, it's possible to lose track of which Profiler instance was the initial run and which were the subsequent runs.

So: I'd propose displaying the local time that the run was initiated, perhaps in the title bar of the Profiler. Would anybody else find this useful, or is my workflow strange?

Thanks for a great product.

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

You're right, I don't see a way currently to achieve this. One workaround would be to save the initial results with a meaningful name- this is then displayed on the titlebar of the window:

ProfilerTitlebar.png
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    Thanks. Some of the data files are pretty huge, so I'm loathed to do that. But it's certainly a workaround.

I guess the fact that saved files display the timestamp means that it is indeed a useful thing to see.

So perhaps you could submit this as a small improvement for a future version, if you can see the merit in it. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the response.

Andrew
  • Options
    Sure, i'll definitely add a feature request in our bugtracker for this.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software