Options

Profiling crashes with "Could not load type <Module>..."

Hi,

I'm running ANTS Performance Profiler 7.4 against a .Net 1.1 Win Forms application.
It very quickly crashes with:
Could not load type <Module> from assembly Oracle.DataAccess, Version=1.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342

The application works by running the executable stand alone. It also works within Visual Studio 2003.

All assemblies are Strong Named.
I have tried each of the Profiling Modes.
I have been unable to try it after removing the strong names from the assemblies because there are several encrypted configuration files that are mapped to some of the strong named assemblies.

Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

The Memory Profiler works with this application (We are purchasing the .Net Developer Bundle purely on the back of how good the Memory Profiler is).

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're having trouble- I'm not aware of any specific issues with the DLL you mention although I'm wondering if it's maybe something related to the SQL DB Profiling in the newer build of the profiler. Does version 7.0 have the same problem?

If not, then I guess the new SQL profiling is causing trouble with your app. If it still crashes, we'll need to take some alternative troubleshooting steps, so try the above and let me know.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    One other thing - I saw you mention you're still using framework 1.1. Whilst I don't *think* we've officially dropped support for this, the APIs offered are pretty different, and ASP.Net in particular may not work.

Is it feasible to update your app to reference at least framework 2.0 to eliminate this?
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Options
    For the purposes of doing Performance Analysis, yes I'll upgrade the references to .Net 2... See what happens. Will let you know.
    Unfortunately it is a ridiculously un-deliberately obfuscated application. Which is why your Performance Profiler tool will be such a boon. If it is half as helpful as the Memory Profiler has been, I think I'll burst with happiness! :)

Just to note, it is a purely Win Forms app. It is not ASP in any way.