Error Reporting with SA

edgarduraoedgardurao Posts: 4 Bronze 1
edited September 24, 2012 11:26AM in SmartAssembly
Hello,

we've create an environment for our apps reporting the errors throught a webservice, and all the developers machines are using a SQLServer on our
network, in which is there is too a shared folder with the SA Maps.

For what i can see the errors are collected by the webservice, but only appear in the SQL Server Database if a dev makes a refresh on the SA developer applicattion.

I'd tryed to leave always open out SA Professional on the building server so it can update the reports automatically, but for what i can see it's always needed to click on refresh to update the collected errors in the webserver to the maps on server shared folder.

Is there anyway to do this automatically ?
Because acessing the SQL database is sometimes quick and more effetive that searching through the SA interface.

Comments

• SmartAssembly only updates the database when someone uses the program to view error reports. Leaving the program open won't work - as you pointed out, you have to click "refresh" to get new reports from the webservice into the local database.

I suppose you could try using the SmartAssembly command-line in a Windows scheduled task - there is a switch to make it download reports:
    smartassembly.com /downloadreports

• Hello Brian,

thanks for your update. I think that's it, but the switch parameter was not that but /downloadnewreports

It worked amazingly well.

C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SmartAssembly 6>smartassembly.com /downloadnewreports
    SmartAssembly v6.7.0.239
    Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2012

Downloading New Error and Feature-Usage Reports

SmartAssembly only updates the database when someone uses the program to view error reports. Leaving the program open won't work - as you pointed out, you have to click "refresh" to get new reports from the webservice into the local database.

I suppose you could try using the SmartAssembly command-line in a Windows scheduled task - there is a switch to make it download reports:
    smartassembly.com /downloadreports

• Thanks for correcting that mistake. Glad it's working...