Options

Beta Test Comment - Ignore options still highlighted

LittleTinyMonkeyLittleTinyMonkey Posts: 2
edited December 14, 2005 6:57PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I recall this from version 3, and it seems to exist in version 4:

When ever I am performing a compare and I would like to ignore (or allow) any option, I feel that it would make sense to not highlight the options that i have chosen to ignore in the compare results window.

For example, if I have a table that has different identity seed values and different index names, if I choose to ignore identity seed and increment values for the compare, for the tables where identity seed values and index names are different, wouldn't it make sense to no longer highlight the line with the difference of identity seed values?

This isn't limited to the example I have provided, and perhaps there is a good reason to do it this way.......

Comments

• Options
    I recall this from version 3, and it seems to exist in version 4:

When ever I am performing a compare and I would like to ignore (or allow) any option, I feel that it would make sense to not highlight the options that i have chosen to ignore in the compare results window.

For example, if I have a table that has different identity seed values and different index names, if I choose to ignore identity seed and increment values for the compare, for the tables where identity seed values and index names are different, wouldn't it make sense to no longer highlight the line with the difference of identity seed values?

This isn't limited to the example I have provided, and perhaps there is a good reason to do it this way.......

Hi,

This is indeed a valid observation. With some options we handle this by not displaying ignored properties (e.g. extended properties, permissions, index padding, partition schemes). Similarly to whitespace insensitivity this is a clear situation from the difference visualisation point of view.
    But in other cases our UI is considering only textual differences in the creation scripts, and shows ignored or semantically equivalent parts as different. We will consider your comment for later releases.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
This discussion has been closed.