Options

SQL Data Compare 10.1 - Export Comparison Results

I have a problem with the Export Comparison Results tool on SQL Data Compare 10.1. The dialog has tickboxes which allow the user to select a subset of the compare results. When I untick all but the Different box I expect to get the results only for the records with differences. However I get all of the records whether they are identical, different or missing from one of the tables.

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work or is there a bug here?

Comments

• Options
    Hi ProvidentFinanceKW,

Thanks for your post. The issue you are seeing with the Export Comparision Results is a bug. Our developers our aware of the issue, and this has been reported under SDC-1206.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    866-997-0378
  • Options
    I am seeing exactly the same behaviour as 'stanori'. Has this bug been fixed in newer versions of SQL Data Compare? It ought to be easy to fix!
  • Options
    Fortunately there is a way to separate out the different categories of result, as will now be defined.

• Export the results returned by a comparison by clicking Tools -> Export Comparison Results -> Export. (Note that this won’t work if a results file of the same name already exists in the chosen location.)

• Import the results into Excel as a comma separated text file, then order the data on the #tag column.

There are four possible values in this column, indicated the type of data in that row:
    #a - only in source
    #b - different in source and target
    #c - only in target
    #d - identical in source and target
  • Options
    Sandy F.Sandy F. Posts: 7 Bronze 2
    I love Redgate products but it is amazing to me that this bug has still not been fixed. It was originally posted in 2011 and it is still a bug.