Options

Couldn't log on as the ASPNET user [1385]

This problem seems to have been visited a few times. None of it has helped me.

I'm using WinXP, IIS5, Framework 2, Profiler 2.6, VS2005. I get the error:

There was a problem starting the profiler.
Couldn't log on as the ASPNET user [1385]
Please check the event log for more details

There is no Allow or Deny for "Log on as batch job" for ASPNET. I am unable to modify the "Log on as batch job" policy. The windows help says:

In Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows XP Professional, the Task Scheduler automatically grants this right as necessary.

There are no domain policies denying rights.

I cannot enable "Audit logon events" as suggested in a previous thread.

It was working fine under profiler 2.5 and VS2003 but does not work with the current setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello David,

As far as I'm aware, the logon as batch job right needs to specifically be granted. If it is neither granted nor denied (undefined) you will still have this problem.

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do if you cannot grant this right on the local computer's security policy.

You can reconfigure the web application to use a different version of .NET Framework (1.0 or 2.0) that doesn't require a user profile modification and therefore a batch user logon as the ASPNET user.
  • Options
    I have finally solved this problem. I was unable to add the ASPNET account because the buttons were disabled. However, I ran the .NET 2.0 framework installer and selected the Repair options. This added the ASPNET account to Log on as batch job. Profiler is now (after about 2 months) working again.
This discussion has been closed.