Downgrade to SQL Monitor 2.3

gsmith151gsmith151 Posts: 5
edited August 13, 2012 11:38AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I recently upgraded from version 2.3 to version 3.1 after attending SQL in the City as wanted to take advantage of custom metrics functionality.

However, since I upgraded to 3.1 the long-running query does not return the SQL fragment information any longer. Apparently this is a bug for version 3; so now I would like to go back to version 2.3 until this is fixed in next release, however, support are telling me they wouldn't advise downgrade as unsure what will happen to the repository if I do so.

Anybody got any ideas or experience of having to do this due to bugs in version 3??

Thanks,

Gavin

Comments

• The main problem with downgrading to version 2.3 is that the data repository schema has changed massively for v3 (mainly to accommodate the custom metric functionality). This means that to use v2.3 you would need to create a brand new database with the old schema, therefore losing access to any data you have in the current data repository.

Version 3.2 should be available in just over a weeks time, so this may be a lot of work for only 7-14 days of benefit.
  • Chris,

I've managed to downgrade to version 3.0 and it seems to be working OK so far so I'll stick with this version for the time being.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Just to let you know, v3.2 has been released and can be downloaded from:
    http://www.red-gate.com/sqlmonitor

This fixes the LRQ alert bug.

Regards
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate