Profiler crashing .Net Application which runs fine with VS

i have a problem with using the ants performance profiler 7.3 professional
My Problem:
I have a .NET desktop application
When I run it with Visual Studio 2010 or directly from Windows Explorer (i.e. normally), it runs just fine.

However when I profile it with ANTS Perfomance Profiler 7.3 professional it it is crashing down during profiling. it is not always crashing at the same point. It crashes only when i gave some input to my application.
The application is a .NET 4.0 process and it is a Client Server Application
Running As Administrator it also crashes, i also re-install my profiler .. result -> same problem

Name of misapplication: NOEL_HostService.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ffd9314
Name of the faulty module: RedGate.Profiler.Core.dll, Version: 7.2.0.246, time stamp: 0x4fc4d042
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002f63e
Faulting process id: 0x1580
Start time of misapplication: 0x01cd5f78466b1505
Path of the faulty application: C: \ TA33 \ solutions \ Shark_CS_Framework \ NOEL_HostService \ bin \ Debug \ NOEL_HostService.exe
Faulting module path: C: \ Program Files \ Red Gate \ ANTS Performance Profiler 7 \ RedGate.Profiler.Core.dll
Report ID: c53e0c62-11e1-90a1-cb6b-c86000caf7e2

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some trouble.

Unfortunately there's a whole host of potential causes of an application crashing while being profiled - most commonly it occurs when you use the most invasive "line level" timing method; so can you try moving to method level and seeing if the same thing occurs? If so, the next thing is to drop down to sampling (either directly or via the "Attach to .NET 4 Process" option).

There's a few other things to try when you're experiencing an application crash, as detailed in this troubleshooting article
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Thanks James for answering back

20 Jul 2012 10:53:48.050 [10] WARN RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Reports.Basic.ProfileRange - Range has a tick rate of 3413883.91773936KHz with a standard deviation of 81282.779508465KHz. The deviance in clock speed seems high and may be causing a synchronisation issue.

what means this WARN --> from the ants Logfile
    I got this when my .net Application crashes
    As you can see this is the last line of the logfile

Warm Regards