licensing questions

CarenCaren Posts: 3
edited July 11, 2012 10:36AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question...

We are considering RedGate's SQL Toolkit for our developers.

What I'm wondering is how many licenses will I need to purchase, i.e., do I need to purchase 1 license/developer or can I install on a server (1 license) and have the developers access via the server?

Can I purchase 1 SQL Toolkit and multiple licenses to use it or is the license bundled with the Toolkit?

I'm sure I'll have other questions once these are answered.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Hi,
    You've posted this in the forum for SQL Monitor, which is licensed per-server that you monitor (in this case, we mean physical server, so a 2-node cluster would require 2 licenses) however as you mentioned Toolkit I guess you're talking about our user-licensed tools such as Compare? (these all fall under the Toolbelt btw, 'Toolkit' is the internal name for our SDK)

Tools such as Compare, SQL Source Control, Data Generator and so on are all licensed per-user, so even if you installed it on a single machine and 5 people logged in to use it, you'd technically need 5 licenses to be 'legal'. The actual activation process works on a per-machine basis however.

It's best to discuss your precise requirements with a member of our sales team who'll be happy to fine tune a quote to your needs.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• Thanks James for the information and the clarification. Yes, Toolbelt would be what we are looking to purchase as we anticipate utilizing a number of the features offered such as SQL Source Control, monitor, compare, etc. I will contact sales dept for a quote.

Thanks again.

Caren