Options

Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync...

mikeamikea Posts: 13
edited December 8, 2005 11:40AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
This option does not seem to work. I have restored a production database that has replciation to my (local) machine, made changes, then compared.

In older versions, this would let met compare the tables and not have every table show up as being different. It does not work any more.

Comments

• Options
    mikea wrote:
    This option does not seem to work. I have restored a production database that has replciation to my (local) machine, made changes, then compared.

In older versions, this would let met compare the tables and not have every table show up as being different. It does not work any more.

Mike,

are you sure you mean the "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync..." option? This option affects the synchronization script, and should not affect what differences are detected between databases. Also, could you tell me what differences show up for those tables? Many thanks,

Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Andras wrote:
    Mike,

are you sure you mean the "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync..." option? This option affects the synchronization script, and should not affect what differences are detected between databases. Also, could you tell me what differences show up for those tables? Many thanks,

Andras

The part that shows up as different is the triggers for replication of the tables, even though I have that option checked.
  • Options
    mikea wrote:
    Andras wrote:
    Mike,

are you sure you mean the Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync? This option affects the synchronization script, and should not affect what differences are detected between databases. Also, could you tell me what differences show up for those tables? Many thanks,

Andras

The part that shows up as different is the triggers for replication of the tables, even though I have that option checked.

The "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync.." option has not much to do with triggers. Do you mean the "Ignore DML triggers" option? (the "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync" affects only synchronization and has no effect on comparison.

Regards,
    Andras

Andras
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Andras wrote:
    The "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync.." option has not much to do with triggers. Do you mean the "Ignore DML triggers" option? (the "Do not include plumbing for Transaction Sync" affects only synchronization and has no effect on comparison.

Regards,
    Andras

Andras

OK, I used the "Ignore DML Triggers" option and the tables compared O.K.

However, I have a feature request. Let me be able to ignore the System Triggers like for replication, and compare the User defined triggers, otherwise, I cannot compare the triggers between my development and live machines.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Options
    mikea wrote:

OK, I used the "Ignore DML Triggers" option and the tables compared O.K.

However, I have a feature request. Let me be able to ignore the System Triggers like for replication, and compare the User defined triggers, otherwise, I cannot compare the triggers between my development and live machines.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,
    I'm happy that the option issue is sorted now. Also thank you for the feature request. For the next release we will not include it; however, the following dot release will contain an option to ignore replication triggers.

Regards,

Andras
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
This discussion has been closed.