Options

MODIFY FILE encountered operating system error 112

jeffgonneringjeffgonnering Posts: 27
edited July 3, 2012 8:30AM in SQL Storage Compress 6
getting the error below when trying to restore an 81GB database using a trial version of SQL Storage Compress 6. The LUN has 95GB free. The test.ndfx file is 30GB. I have added "VirtualDiskSize=85" to hyperbac.conf file and that has not helped either. Is the trial version limited? When I restore the .bak file without the "x" suffixes (native restore), it works fine. Is this doing any work on a different drive, perhaps C:\?

Msg 5149, Level 16, State 3, Line 3
MODIFY FILE encountered operating system error 112(There is not enough space on the disk.) while attempting to expand the physical file 'E:\Databases\miscdev\GSF2_TEST_ETL_AP\Test.ndfx'.
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Comments

• Options
    I am the support engineer that is investigating this issue since the date you have reported this issue. I was hoping to get some more information from you in regards to this error and this sytem.

Is it possible to send me the following information to get more clearer picture of what is happening on your system?

I was hoping to get the following:

- OS version
    - Number of CPU's and Cores, and Memory on the machine
    - SQL Server version
    - Status.dat, openstatus.dat and hyperbac.conf from C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\HyperBac\bin
    - Service.log and any other logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\HyperBac\logs
    - The format version of the Backup file that you are using in this test?
    - Does the test succeed if you try the restore with a different drive?
    - Are you able to send me the exact restore command when you try this via SQL Mgt studio?

Thanks for your patience and feedback in this matter.