Formatting / wrapping text configuration not honoured

steveculshawsteveculshaw Posts: 16 Bronze 2
edited June 19, 2012 10:39AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
The formatting option for wrapping text doesn't seem to be working with CTE's ...

I've got one like so ...
WITH    [DAN_Decision_v4_data] ( [ID], [Decision_ID], [Client_No], [Document_ID], [Proposed_RAS_Allocation], [Carers_Grant_Principal_Carer_Allocation], [Carers_Grant_Secondary_Carer_Allocation], [Annual_Contingency_Allocation], [DAN_Panel_Decision], [Decision_Comments_From_DAN_Panel], [Agreed_Indicative_Weekly_Allocation], [Agreed_Date], [Agreed By], [Reason_For_Moderation], [Detail_Reason_For_Moderation], [Evidence_From_Support_Plan], [Support_Plan_Completed_By], [Final_Decision], [Comments_From_Panel], [Detail_Reason_For_Moderation_RAS_Allocation], [Final_Authorised_Weekly_Budget], [End_Date], [Decision_Form_Version_Number], [Matched_To_Questionnaire], [Decision_Timestamp], [Client_Group], [End_Budget_Date], [End_Budget_Reason] )
          AS ( SELECT   i.[ID] AS [ID] ,
and no matter the Wrap Text setting, it's always reformatted to a single very long line

This is with version 5.3.2.2 of SQL Prompt
Cheers,
SteveC.

Comments

• You're right, it doesn't seem to like CTEs written like that at all. If you omit the column list and write it like
    WITH    [DAN_Decision_v4_data]
                            i.[Decision_ID] AS [Decision_ID]
                 )

then it seems to format OK - would that work for you in this case? I'll log the inconsistent behaviour with column lists as a bug.
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • steveculshawsteveculshaw Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    Thanks Andy, that works fine
    You're right, it doesn't seem to like CTEs written like that at all. If you omit the column list and write it like
    WITH    [DAN_Decision_v4_data]
                            i.[Decision_ID] AS [Decision_ID]
                 )

then it seems to format OK - would that work for you in this case? I'll log the inconsistent behaviour with column lists as a bug.
    Cheers,
    SteveC.