How to generate redistribution DLLs ?

JackLockeJackLocke Posts: 25
edited June 18, 2012 9:13AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi,
I am currently evaluating SQL Packager 6. While going thorough basic documentation I found that I can use packager from CLI and call it as .. say custom action in installer.
But I am required to include RedGate.SQLPackager.Distribution.dll and RedGate.SQLPackager.Distribution.mod with installer. But I dont seem to find them anywhere. In documentation it says that ...
"When you have a license, and you execute the tool, the distribution files that you need to distribute the applications are generated ...."

Does it mean that I can't evaluate this feature ??

Also, is there any more detail available about how to integrate packager with other application ?

Thanks,
Jack

Comments

• Hi JackLocke,

This feature should be available in Trial mode, however, you will not be able to distribute it without a license.

For more detailed information about the SQL Packager, you can run the following command line to generate the help file:

sqlpackager /? /v > help.txt

Best Regards,
    866-997-0378
  • stanori wrote:
    Hi JackLocke,

This feature should be available in Trial mode, however, you will not be able to distribute it without a license.

For more detailed information about the SQL Packager, you can run the following command line to generate the help file:

sqlpackager /? /v > help.txt

Best Regards,

I have separately downloaded help file for SQL Packager, how it is different then help shown by running "sqlpackager /? /v > help.txt " ??
    And question still remains .... how do I generate those DLLs ? Because in help file for SQL Packager it says that those DLLs will be generated when tool gets executed. Does it mean that those DLLs gets generated when SQL Packager gets executed for first time or something else ?
    stanori wrote:
    ... does it mean that I will be able to include those DLLs and call SQL Packager via CLI in our installer AND test it in our VMs or not ??

Thanks,
    Jack