Strange behaviour after upgrade to 10.2.0.696

TOftringTOftring Posts: 10
edited May 24, 2012 3:29PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hello,

yesterday I upgraded to the version 10.2.0.696. Since the upgrade I have some strange behaviour.

Everything of this points happens if I compare a script folder with a database
(SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1):

1. In the script folder there a missing schema defintions in the script folder by tables. Thats all right because the tables are on PRIMARY. Now SQL Compare shows the tables as different but in the Diff Viewer the "ON PRIMARY" is shown in the script folder version, but it is missing in the file. So it is not possible to see what will be changed. I had to deploy against the script folder to see what has changed. If I open the table file of the script folder. I can See that SQL Compare has added the "ON PRIMARY" to the table definition. This is not a problem. But the problem is that the Diff Viewer do not schow the differences.

2. The same with collations. Tables are marked as different but the Diff Viewer in SQL Compare do not show any differences.

Hope this helps to find the error.

Thanks
Thomas[/img]

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Thanks for posting, and sorry you're having trouble.

Often, an invisible difference can be caused by extended properties- if you tick the option to ignore these, do the tables get seen as identical?

If that doesn't help, it may well be to do with the schema difference you mentioned, in which case we will need to replicate the problem here. Could you do a Snapshot of the DB (from the File menu in Compare) and also zip up the scripts, then send those over to support@red-gate.com? Please quote F0060535 in the subject line.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software