Options

Couldn't locate object with name 'sysclsobjs' in schema ID4

studentstfstudentstf Posts: 2
edited May 24, 2012 9:29AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'm testing SQL Compare 10.1. I have two backups of a database about 17 GB each other, one was made on sql server 2005 before migration to sql server 2008 r2, and another after. When I try to compare these backups, Sql Compare 10.1 trial version stop working with error "Couldn't locate object with name 'sysclsobjs' in schema '' (ID 4)".

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I can understand why you would get this error, since sysclsobjs is a system object and therefore should be in the "SYS" schema. I don't know how the database got into this state, though. It looks as if possibly someone made manual changes to the system catalog, but SQL Server is designed to prevent you from doing that.
  • Options
    Ah, scratch that - it looks like an error in creating a view in the temporary database created to hold information about objects in the backup. SQL Compare's backup reader creates a temporary table on the hard disk and uses that to store a mock-up of the sys schema.
  • Options
    Hello,

Is this situation still occurring, or was it a one-off?
  • Options
    I suppose you could delete all temoirary files (using the Windows Disk Cleanup Utility) and try again... if that doesn't work, try restoring the backup file to SQL Server... it may be corrupt.