Options

Support for Visual Studio 11 beta

mgilesmgiles Posts: 8
I have built a new machine with Sql Server 2012 and Visual Studio 11 beta. When I try to link to a database in Sql Source Control in SSMS it tells me that "Team Foundation Server support requires the Microsoft Team Explorer Client". Does this message mean that VS 11 is not supported and I need to install VS 2010 Team Explorer client? Or do I need to install VS 11 Team Explorer client beta?

Regards,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure what are plans are to support VS 11, but we're unlikely to officially support it before it's RTM.

As far as I know, you need to install a Team Explorer client to work with TFS, so you'll need to install one if VS 11 doesn't come with one by default.

Let us know how you get on after installing the client, it would be interesting to see if you have any other issues or not.
    Chris
  • Options
    Closing the loop, I installed VS 11 Team Explorer Beta and it made no difference. Didn't think it would, because VS itself is a TFS client, so if Sql Source Control worked with VS 11, it would have detected it already. Then I installed VS 2010 Team Explorer, and Sql Source Control detected it and is now up and running. So hopefully support for VS 11 is somewhere on the Sql Source Control roadmap.

Matt
  • Options
    When will support for the Team Explorer Client 2012 be coming? VS2012 has been out of beta for quite a while now.

For anyone else, I did finally find this:

http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... on+Service

still trying to make it work though.