Options

Filter Compare list prior to starting the Compare

berokkeberokke Posts: 2 Bronze 1
edited May 21, 2012 10:37AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I would like to be able to filter the compare prior to running the actual compare. There are times I only want to compare stored procedures and I do not want to go through all the tables or other objects.

I recently inherited an application. The databases are set up on 6 servers and none of the databases match even though they are used by the same application. There are tables in some databases that are only data tables used for crunching numbers. There are thousands and I do not need SQL Compare to run through each one - in fact, I get memory errors when trying to run the compare.

It would be useful to be able to compare stored procedures or selected list of tables in order to develop a common structure used by all.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

I'm afraid we don't offer any pre-filtering in SQL Compare because of the way we need to register the whole schema to understand all the object dependencies.

However, you have not been the first person to suggest the idea, so I've added you as another vote for SC-2471.

You might like to also suggest the idea on our uservoice site as this is a bit more visible and other users can vote on the idea too.

You may also like to vote for the suggestion to make SQL Compare 64bit, as this would probably help with the memory issues you're finding.
    Chris