Options

Weighted Data ...

SydOperaSydOpera Posts: 2
One of the things I often need is a weighted data generator, RedGate offers most of the functionality that I'd like however there are a couple of things that would be really nice to have as part of the standard delivery. Most of these are quite simple, I just can't be bothered to rummage through my addled brain to remember how to write efficient c# code!

1. On the generic weighted list generator, it would be good to have the ability to select a range; i.e. I'd like 5% of the dates selected to fall between 2 given dates. The next list item could be 11% of dates in another range etc....

2. What would also be useful is having the weighted lists generate say x% of the data with a catchall clause at the end for the other y%. i.e. I'd like 72% of the data to be from a weighted list, the other 28% from another weighted list or even a single value.

3. It would be even better if a weighted list could be derived from a SQL query... i.e. the list items are from a table and Redgate allows you to assign a numeric or percentile value to each....

As I say these are only ideas; they would make data generation a little easier for us BI analysts

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi SydOpera

I have added the details of this forum post to Feature Request SDG-721.

This feature request is now marked for review. I cannot guarantine the success of the feature request submitted or if approval is given what future version of SQL Data Generator your weighted data request will appear in.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com