SQL Compare 9 - SQL 2012 Compatibility

MattSMattS Posts: 25
edited May 16, 2012 5:36AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

We are doing some preliminary testing with SQL2012, and unfortunately have found that SQL Compare errors when trying to connect to a 2012 database.

We are currently on version 9.0.0.79.

I logged an error report and received an automated reply advising to upgrade to the newest version (v10).

In a previous forum post (http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=14053) a patch (v9.1) was mentioned that adds support for SQL 2012. Is it possible to get a link to the patch? As we are only testing at the moment it's not really feasible for us to upgrade SQL Compare.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• The problem with the post that you have included is that this was when SQL 2012 was still in the Early Access stage. Therefore I am unsure whether this will work with the final released version. But I have included a download link for version 9.5 of SQL Compare, however I cannot guarantee that you will not continue see errors.

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_ ... 178153.exe

My recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest release of version 10 if you are planning on moving beyond testing (even before then).
  • Thanks for you reply, and the link to the patch.

I understand your recommendation to upgrade, and If/when we upgrade to to SQL2012 there will be an obvious and clear need to upgrade our Red Gate tools (which will satisfy the people that pay the bills and sign off these things).

For now, for testing, the patch does the job.

Thanks again.