Options

silent install of Sql Developer bundle 10.1

rohit.srohit.s Posts: 5
edited May 21, 2012 4:43PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I would like to try an unattended install the SQL Compare tool from the bundle.
I can extract the .msi file from the downloaded .exe.
What are the command line options I need to pass to selectively install individual components and also the EULA consent ?

Comments

• Options
    This document explains the full process for extracting and installing the .msi's

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/g ... nstall_msi

For the bundle, the .msi for each tool will be created in a seperate directory so you will need to run the msiexec command for each tool that you want to install. For example:

C:\Users\chris.kelly\Downloads>msiexec /I "C:\Users\chris.kelly\Downloads\SQL Compare_10.1.0.102_x86_r201382 10.1.0.102\SQL Compare_10.1.0.102_x86_r201382 10.1.0.102.msi" TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\chris.kelly\Downloads\SQL Compare_10.1.0.102_x86_r201382 10.1.0.102."SQL Compare_10.1.0.102_x86_r201382 10.1.0.102.mst"
  • Options
    Thanks Chris.
    How does one specify the following options ?

1) Automatically accepting the License agreement. The document mentions hitting Next.
    2) Specifying a custom install folder.
  • Options
    You can use:
    /IAgreeToTheEULA
    to automatically accept the License Agreement

you can also use:
    RG_LICENSE=xxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
    to specify the serial number to automatically (where x is replaces with your 16 digit serial number).

finally you can use:
    /q
    and notGUI will appear at all.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a method for specifying an alternative installation folder.
  • Options
    calling the .exe with extract option throws up the UI to select components to extract.
    Is there any way to pass the components you need to the installer and avoid this interaction ?
  • Options
    I'm not aware of a way to avoid the UI during the extract stage. However, you could run the extract on your own machine and then only distribute the .msi for those tools which you want to install. Therefore only the install part needs to run on each machine.
  • Options
    The INSTALLDIR option works for alternate install folder.

msiexec /I "C:\temp\redgate-1.8.2.238.msi" TRANSFORMS="C:\temp\redgate-1.8.2.238.mst" INSTALLDIR="e:\apps\prod\SQLCompare10"