Options

Tracking activations

jaap.q42jaap.q42 Posts: 36 Bronze 2
Hi redgate,

I would find it very useful if I could track my activations. We have a couple of multi user licenses together with the SQL developer bundle. When I activate a program on a computer, I would like to be able to specify a description with it. I would also like to be able to see this list somewhere so I know exactly where I put these activations.

Now I have a separate spreedsheet somewhere and I must remind/ask people in my company to deactivate when they are done with the product (usually takes a couple of weeks) or when they format their computer...

I thought I would share this, maybe you guys have different ideas, or I don't know why you wouldn't want this...

Jaap

Comments

• Options
    David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,439 Rose Gold 2
    We're working on an activation dialog that prompts you for your email address. This will allow you to find out which email addresses have activated on a given serial number. The idea is that in the future you will be able to log on to our website and manage this information yourself. In the shorter term you might have to query our support team.

Is this what you were hoping for?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    jaap.q42jaap.q42 Posts: 36 Bronze 2
    Hey David,

This would be excellent, it is not a problem right now, so in the future we'll appreciate this new feature!

Thanks!

Jaap