Options

IF [NOT] EXISTS Checks

alekoaleko Posts: 7
Is there any way to add the existence checks prior to performing inserts/deletes when generating migration script with SQL Data Compare? That would allow me to make this script re-runnable.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing feature request, reference number SDC-828 and set the request for review.

I cannot guarantee that your request will be successful or if approval is given what future version of SQL Data Compare it will appear in.

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback.

Best Regards
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    IF [NOT] EXISTS Checks.

I am very interested in this feature as well.

I agree that would allow me to make this script re-runnable.
  • Options
    The addition of this feature would be very useful. Due to time delays within the releases and needs of other locations around the world, there are times when by time we have created the compare script, peer reviewed it, given it to the other site and they have run it, there could be over a week or more between the database being compared and the script being run. During this time, it is very possible that through outside processes some of the data which is needed for foreign keys gets entered into the database. Then, when we run the scripts, it then errors. If we had this, we would run into less chances of this happening and smoother releases to our other sites.
  • Options
    Any Ideas on when this will be in production