Options

Incorrect credentials or insufficient permissions

edited April 20, 2012 10:20AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi.

I installed the monitor software without any problem, but when I try to register my production database sent me that message.

My production server is in a Microsoft Domain and is a remote server.

username: lticr\bbarnett

I don't know if that problem is about how I write my user name o if I need some open port.

Please help me.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    I forget that I'm using SA user to login in the database.
  • Options
    RBARBA Posts: 152 Silver 3
    Hi,

Please have a look at this help page for details on what ports need to be open.

The username format can be either 'domain\uesrname' or 'username@domain.com', where the username should ideally be a domain account.

Cheers,
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software
  • Options
    Thank you for you answer, but the problem was that the software must be installed in the same network where database is and I did from a diferent network with a routed relation.

I think that this situation must be documented for the future.

Regards
  • Options
    RBARBA Posts: 152 Silver 3
    Hi,

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

You can use SQL Monitor from a remote location, although it will require around 10-15kB/s of bandwidth which is usually a non-issue for internal networks but can be noticeable over slow or constrained VPNs.

As for permissions, you can specify 'builtin\administrator' with the admin password to monitor a remote machine that is off the domain.

Alternatively, you can create local user accounts with the same name and password on the machine running SQL Monitor and the production server (workgroup style).

It can be helpful in troubleshooting to test any credentials you'd like to use outside of SQL Monitor first. I.e. From the monitoring machine and try to access the admin share / remote registry / WMI of the monitored machine using the desired login details.

I'll review the documentation and see if I can ensure this scenario is covered.

Regards,
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software