Wizard Only Install?

SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Posts: 25 Bronze 3
edited April 16, 2012 5:24AM in SQL Virtual Restore 2
I am just starting to work with Virtual Restore.

I would like to be able to initiate restores remotely from my workstation via the Wizard UI (which is really slick). Is there a way I can accomplish this without having to install the entire HyperBack product onto my workstation? Right now, I have to Remote Desktop into the SQL Server which as Virtual Restore installed, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi SloopJohnB

Unfortunately at this time there is not a separate installer, the SQL Virtual Restore (SVR) Wizard is created as part of the HyperBac components installer, which means there is no Wizard / GUI only installer.

Therefore I have submitted a Feature Request on your behalf for the development team to consider, to have a SVR Wizard only installer. The reference number for this request is SVR-288.

I cannot guarantee that the request will be successful or if approval is given what future version of SVR / HyperBac it will appear in. I placed what our Bug Tracking / Feature request system calls a "watch" on the request submitted, so I can update this forum post when changes are made to the request submitted.

Thank you for your suggestion and hopefully it will appear in a later version of the product.

Best Regards
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com