Options

Snippet Manager editing appears on one line

pccolepccole Posts: 3
edited April 12, 2012 12:23PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

When I open Snippet Manager, the preview displays correctly. The snippet is also inserted correctly in SSMS and the .sqlpromptsnippet looks correct.

However when I edit the snippet, all the text has started appearing on one line in the editor, even the built-in snippets. If you, for example, change one letter and save the snippet, it still works, so it looks like the editor is simply not handling new line characters correctly.

I updated to 5.3.0.3 of Professional a week or so ago and I suspect this is the when this behaviour started.

Do you know of any way to work around this, or can you fix it to work as previously?

Thanks
Philip Cole

Comments

• Options
    Hi Philip,

We spotted this shortly after the release of 5.3.0.3 and have since corrected the behaviour.

We'll hopefully be pushing out the fix via check for updates in the near future. If you need this urgently however, then we're happy to arrange a private build for you. Please let us know if you'd like this.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
    James Allison

Software Engineer - SQL Prompt
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Hi James,

Thanks your reply. Glad you have fixed it. I can wait for the next general update.

Thanks
    Phil