Options

Modify dependencies

rocchellidrocchellid Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited April 11, 2012 6:45AM in SmartAssembly
I have a big project in which there is an executable and 14 dll. Some projects have to be heavily obfuscated, some less and some not.
I don't want a single file obfuscated.
One of these dll must be integrated into another, then that will incorporate the dll is not one where your project resides, but in the folder where I put that obfuscated (repeat: the dll that will contain may not have the same type of obfuscation).
I did not find any menu to change the dependencies and when I manually edit the file saproj but when it read, line changed is not readed, but creates a new one, then resets the original dependence (then file not yet obscured).
I wanted to automate the procedure without having to move the files manually.

Thanks
Davide

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Davide,

SmartAssembly doesn't force you to obfuscate dependent DLLs - you can choose yourself to either merge the dependent DLLs into one assembly or embed them as they are as resources in the assembly. You don't have to do either and you can distribute the DLLs separately if you choose.

When SA finds dependencies, it uses a procedure similar to .NET probing, so it relies on the reference in the original assembly's metadata. You can suggest additional paths using mandatoryPath, or remove certain paths in DependenciesSearchPath - hopefully that's what you need.

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... pendencies