Options

Upgrade Prompting

MikeONeillMikeONeill Posts: 131
edited April 11, 2012 10:53AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
A Bit of a Niggle

I feel like I have a demo version of SQL Prompt rather then the full licensed copy I have had for many years

Every startup of Visual Studio or SQL Studio I get a NAG telling me I have x days left to upgrade my license

I had an email to remind me , that fine, and another one closer to the date thats also fine but I hate being nagged

My expiry is 24 April so its hardly close yet . Maybe another 30 or 40 nags to go .... I will pay up HONEST.

It bad enough being nagged by Evaluation Copies of stuff but .....

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mike

If you're getting annoyed, you could try deactivating and reactivating your licence - previously, that's stopped the notifications coming up for some people. You might also want to drop by our UserVoice forum for SQL Prompt and post a request there - I know the developers look at that fairly frequently, so it should up your visibility a bit. Let me know if that helps!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • Options
    One of my colleagues just pointed me at this, as well - if you're comfortable with adding a registry key, you can shut up notifications for good:

1) Open 'Regedit' and navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Red Gate\IPN\Ignored
    2) Inside this key, create a string called “Ignore All” with the value set to “True”.

Let me know if that helps!
    Andy Campbell Smith

• Options
    How about simply NOT showing it . The reminder emails are fine to remind me . I haven't fogot so far :D
  • Options
    I am back ...

My conscience won out and I payed the money , I am now the proud owner of a SQL prompt licesnse for my 6th year.

I did this on my works PC and lo and behold the nag screen stopped.

However on my home PC ( I am allowed it more than one PC) its still happening

Now how do I stop it -- I can't feed the receipt for my purchase in any way

Tongue Firmly In Cheek

Mike
  • Options
    Did you try re-entering the serial number or creating the registry key? Either of those ought to shut it up.
    Andy Campbell Smith