Options

Upgrade to 3.0

mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
edited March 23, 2012 12:14PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,
I would just like to inform you that I ran the upgrade and that it worked fine. However the licenses was removed from the installation even though I have the correct ones.

I just added the licenses again. Had to manually register the licenses since the automatic one failed.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    That's great that you have upgraded ok. Sorry to hear about the licences.
    Is the machine hosting the Base Monitor connected to the internet?
    Is there anything in the SQL Monitor log file indicating why this didn't work?
    See this link for how to view your log files: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... LogFilesKB
    Project Manager | Redgate Software
  • Options
    mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
    aahhh should have thought about that! You are right the machine in question sits behind a firewall, Problem solved :)

Do you need to have a internet connection from the application server during upgrade in order to validate the licenses, thereby confirming that you have the correct licenses? Perhaps thats why my licenses was removed!?

Regards
  • Options
    We need to validate the licence after upgrade because in this case it was a major upgrade and therefore your v2.x licence would only be valid for v3.0 if you have a support and upgrades package.
    If this validation fails (either due to lack of internet connection or because you don't have support and upgrades) then you are moved onto a trial version.
    Thanks, Fiona
    Project Manager | Redgate Software