Options

SDG and MySQL

tilo23tilo23 Posts: 27
Will SQL Data Generator work with MySQL? My company is going to use MySQL at some point (currently work on SQL Server) and I got used to SDG...
Inside the Dilbert's world

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.

At this time SQL Data Generator is only available for Microsoft SQL Server. There is nothing in the immediate roadmap for Q1/Q2 2012 to create a version of Data Generator for MySQL.

There are MySQL versions of SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare available.

Sorry to be so vague, I will bring your forum post to the attention of those persons within Red Gate responsible for the mySQL Products.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thank you tilo23, Eddie pointed me towards your request.

I'm a part of the MySQL tools team at Red Gate. As he mentioned we have MySQL versions of our comparison tools and are focussing our current efforts on these.

We will have decisions to make on other tooling in the area, if you could pick one Red Gate tool to support MySQL would it be SQL Data Generator?

It'd be great to hear your feedback, please do post hear or contact me directly.

Michael

Michael Christofides

Tel: (UK) 01223 438 739 | (North America) +1 866 997 0390
    michael.christofides@red-gate.com
    www.red-gate.com
  • Options
    Yes, I find DataGenerator extremely useful and powerful tool, thus following my company's extension their db systems to MySQL, I would be of interest to pick the SDG version for MySQL. Sorry to hear it's not on the roadmap for the predictable future...
    Inside the Dilbert's world