Options

How do I get command line to respect exclude arguments?

freecell1freecell1 Posts: 33
edited March 16, 2012 12:50PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Based on the documentation for SQL Compare command line it seems I should be able to do this:

sqlcompare /Include:identical /exclude:assembly /Scripts1:'C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\c0ebf743024d92d6\trunk\Database\Databases\Intranet' /Server2:MYSERVER /Database2:Intranet

but the exclude switches seem to do nothing. The output clearly compares the assemblies anyway. I got

/exclude user

to work, but not role or assembly. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post. I suspect that the assembly is being pulled in because of a dependency. You'd need to, as far as I am aware, specify all the options you did want manually and not specify to include dependencies.

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    I figured it out. It looks like the /include:identical switch overrides /exclude switches, because when I took the include out it worked as expected.

This isn't the behavior I'd expect to see. I would think that

/include:identical /exclude:assembly /exclude:role

for example, would first exclude all roles and assemblies, and then produce a report of the remaining object types including identical ones. That's not how it works though ... I tried

/include:identical /exclude:role

to take assembly-related concerns out of the test, and it output a list that included roles ...