Options

fail: trial expired immediately, i never installed it before

vesper8vesper8 Posts: 2
edited March 27, 2012 2:52PM in MySQL Compare
Hi there...

so I am googling all the different solutions for comparing syncing mysql and I found redgate's. But you know .. you guys are not the only one and while you're pretty afordable compared to other solutions.. there's no way I can buy your product unless I can test it first.

My biggest concern is whether it will work for syncing a local database with a remote database that runs on linux debian. My server does not allow remote connection and will not allow it either. So your software would need to use a remote php wrapper.. similar to how PHPMaker can connect to my remote database by pointing to a php file that sits on the server. Hopefully yours can also do this otherwise this is a deal-breaker.. so if anyone could confirm this I would appreciate it.

Now onto the more important issue.. I JUST installed MySqlCompare for the first time and two ridiculous things immediately happened:

#1 I immediately get a popup saying my trial is expired.. wtf?
#2 Your software remoted there are available updates, even though I JUST got the (latest?) version from your trial download page.

Can I test this ??

Comments

• Options
    Apologies for not updating this post sooner.

We followed up by email and haven't heard back yet.

Regarding the enquiries, if you have faced similar issues, it would really help if you could let us know the following:

Q1. My biggest concern is whether it will work for syncing a local database with a remote database that runs on linux debian. My server does not allow remote connection and will not allow it either. So your software would need to use a remote php wrapper.. similar to how PHPMaker can connect to my remote database by pointing to a php file that sits on the server. Hopefully yours can also do this otherwise this is a deal-breaker.. so if anyone could confirm this I would appreciate it.
    A1. Our tools allow for connecting via an SSH tunnel, would that work for you? Else I think we're not going to be able to help.

Q2. I immediately get a popup saying my trial is expired.
    A2. Apologies for the inconvenience here, please contact me for a trial extension (details below).

Q3. Your software remoted there are available updates, even though I JUST got the (latest?) version from your trial download page.
    A3. This is odd and having looked into it I still can't work out how this has happened for you. We did have a moment around last week where our downloads were temporarily unavailable, but this was well before your post (and thus probably your download). The latest versions (and those on the website) should be 1.0.0.301 for MySQL Compare and 1.0.0.351 for MySQL Data Compare. Let us know if you don't have these currently (Help -> About within each tool should tell you).

Best regards,

Michael Christofides
    MySQL team

USA: +1 866 997 0390
    UK: +44 (0) 1223 438 739
    michael.christofides@red-gate.com