Generated insert script contains column nulls.

GeneoGeneo Posts: 3
Does anyone know if there is a way to exclude specific columns from the compare, but have the values populate in the sync script for inserts? I have some large tables that contain boring audit columns with different values on source and target. I'd like to ignore them for comparison purposes, yet include them in the generated insert script when the row does not exist on the target.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately what you are seeking to achieve is not available in SQL Data Compare.

Therefore I have updated an existing Feature Request, reference SDC-778, with the details of your forum post and marked the request for review.

Hopefully the SQL Data Compare Development Team and Product manager will review this request and include it in a future version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks Eddie, I would use a view with "dummy" values in the audit columns, but the source database is production where I cannot create views on the fly. If there was a select option to define the table on source and target that would be great.
  • Hi,

Has this feature request been added yet?

Thx,
    Jacques